New Jersey Mopar Owners & Enthusiast Group
New Jersey Mopar Owners & Enthusiast Group (NJ Mopar Group) NJ Mopar Group™ is a privately held, nonprofit organization that operates in New Jersey. Membership is dues-based. NJ Mopar Group has the right to deny or cancel membership of any member it deems in violation of the NJ Mopar Group Charter or By-Laws. Under the authority provided by its Charter with Muscle Mopar Clubs LLC, NJ Mopar Group hereby establishes the following by-laws which govern the local operation of the organization and the conduct of its membership.
- Members must be 18 years of age to join NJ Mopar Group.
- NJ Mopar Group does not condone or tolerate discrimination against anyone for age, race, religion, or orientation.
- Any vehicles that are involved in NJ Mopar Group motoring events or activities must be legally registered, inspected, and covered by the minimum amount of liability insurance required by the State of New Jersey, or the state of legal registration of the vehicle.
- Basic Membership in NJ Mopar Group is free of charge. Premier Membership in NJ Mopar Group is dues-based. Dues are payable on an annual anniversary date basis at the rate of $35.00 per member per year. Proceeds from dues are used to partially offset the operation expenses of the organization. Basic Member in good standing may access and participate in most group activities and access many areas of NJ Mopar Group.com. Premier Members may participate in all group activities, take advantage of vendor opportunities and discounts, have access to Premier Membership Only areas of NJMoparGroup.com, and may participate in the nomination and election process, and hold positions within the organization.
- The success of NJ Mopar Group events depends on the participation and assistance of all who attend. Please be prepared to work together to make all events successful. This includes set-up and clean-up responsibilities.
- NJ Mopar Group leadership should not discuss club management business outside of leadership meetings.
- All new Basic Members are accepted on the condition that they participate in the club forums and they acknowledge the Membership Form and Release. Any new Basic Member who does not participate in the NJMoparGroup.com website within 30 days of registration is automatically considered a trial membership, and their account deleted is deleted. A Basic Member who has not logged into NJMoparGroup.com for a period longer than 60 days will receive an account status notice encouraging the member to reengage within the group. The account of any Basic Member who does not log into NJMoparGroup.com for a period longer than 180 days is automatically suspended. Basic Members receive access to many areas of NJMoparGroup.com but are ineligible for vendor discounts and offers, or free goods from the NJMG provided by our vendors or sponsors.
- There are no mandatory log-in or participation requirements for Premier (dues-paying) Members.
- In order to support and protect sponsors and vendors, NJ Mopar Group enforces guidelines regarding advertising on NJMoparGroup.com. NJ Mopar Group may delete or edit any forum posts that contain extensive advertising for non-sponsoring companies. NJ Mopar Group may also edit signatures, hide websites in member profiles or to request members to change their username if any of these may be construed as advertising or links to websites or business. If a member is interested in becoming or referring a supporting sponsor they may contact the Sponsor/Vendor Manager.
- Safe and responsible enthusiast activity is a major NJ Mopar Group goal. The organized events of the NJ Mopar Group are overall intended to be family oriented and alcohol free. In the rare circumstance where the NJ Mopar Group conducts an organized event at a location where alcohol is served for fee, such as at a holiday party or at a track event, the alcohol will always be conveyed by a third party vendor not associated with NJ Mopar Group or its leadership. Under no circumstances will NJ Mopar Group funds be utilized to provide or facilitate alcohol at any NJ Mopar Group event. The consumption and use of alcohol is a serious personal responsibility involving the safety and welfare of family, fellow organization members, friends, and the individual NJ Mopar Group member. NJ Mopar Group leadership reserves the right to address the consumption of alcohol by any member at any event in any way deemed appropriate by leadership.
- NJ Mopar Group condones the safe and responsible operation of motor vehicles. Club Caravan Guidelines must be adhered to for all caravan-type events. All members are expected to govern their behavior in such a way that it does not bring NJ Mopar Group into disrepute. This includes the posting of illegal or irresponsible activities on NJMoparGroup.com forums, NJ Mopar Group social media sites, or other social media sites.
- Please RSVP on the forum and arrive at the meeting location early or on time, and with sufficient fuel to travel to our destination. Caravans will depart meeting locations on time.
- Be familiar with the destination address in the unlikely event you miss a meeting spot. Caravan leaders and all club officers should be familiar with the planned route of the caravan.
- Do not exceed the speed limit, and avoid speeding up and slowing down. Keeping pace with the lead car will help prevent an accident. Keep an eye on the car in front and the car behind you in order to pace yourself accordingly.
- On occasion the caravan will get split due to traffic conditions. When this happens, we will regroup. If the caravan gets dissected the caravan leaders will communicate sufficiently to reorganize the group. Do not block intersections of streets. If a caravan is too long, it will be divided into more than one caravan, each with its own lead and last car.
- Drive with your fog lights/parking lights on. This makes it easier for the members ahead of you to accurate assess the continuity of the caravan behind them. Please do not drive with hazard lights on.
- On a 2 lane road stay in the right lane, and on a 3 lane road stay in the middle road.
- The caravan leader and last car will have an adult spotter in the car and will utilize cell phones or GMRS two way radios for communication purposes.
- If a stray vehicle cuts in line, keep visual contact with the caravan and determine the best opportunity to pass the vehicle, if absolutely necessary. Note: It is okay to have a stray car in the caravan. They typically will remove themselves on their own.
- Avoid passing of our own members cars. Please stay in line and keep a safe distance from each other to avoid accidents. Keep an eye on the car in front and the car behind you in order to pace yourself accordingly.
- Please remember to use directional signals when turning.
- Absolutely no racing or reckless driving.
- While not required to participate in a caravan, a valid Tollway EZ-Pass will help prevent congestion at tollbooths.
- On occasion caravans may be videotaped. Please don’t impede or follow the camera car.
- If a member experiences mechanical problems and needs to stop, the last car in the caravan will also stop to provide assistance and communicate to the lead car.
- Caravan leaders will plan appropriate comfort rest stops for long trips.
Ver: CaravanSafety 04152010
NEW JERSEY MOPAR OWNER & ENTHUSIAST GROUP – (NJ MOPAR GROUP)
MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENT FORM AND RELEASE
CITY: STATE: ZIP:
E-MAIL ADDRESS: PHONE NUMBER:
I have been provided the Charter of the New Jersey Mopar Owners & Enthusiast Group along with any By-Laws of the organization and hereby agree to abide by them as a member of this organization.
– THIS IS A RELEASE, READ BEFORE SIGNING –
The undersigned (on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns), for and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in any New Jersey Mopar Owners & Enthusiast Group (NJ Mopar Group) I agree that Mopar Muscle Clubs LLC, NJ Mopar Group, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (hereinafter, the “RELEASED PARTIES”) shall not be liable or responsible for injury to me (including paralysis or death) or damage to my property occurring during any
NJ Mopar Group activity and resulting from acts or omissions occurring during the performance of the duties of the Released Parties, even where the damage or injury is caused by negligence (except willful neglect). I understand and agree that all NJ Mopar Group members and their guests participate voluntarily and at their own risk in all NJ Mopar Group activities and I assume all risks of injury and damage arising out of the conduct of such activities.
This Release extends to any and all claims I have or later may have against the “RELEASED PARTIES” resulting from or arising out of their performance of their chapter duties whether or not such claims result from negligence (except willful neglect) on the part of any or all of the “RELEASED PARTIES” with respect to the EVENT(S) or with respect to the conditions, qualifications, instructions, rules or procedures under which the EVENT(S) are conducted or from any other cause. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS MEANS THAT I AGREE NOT TO SUE ANY OR ALL OF THE “RELEASED PARTIES” FOR ANY INJURY RESULTING TO MYSELF OR MY PROPERTY ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR CHAPTER DUTIES IN SPONSORING, PLANNING OR CONDUCTING THE EVENTS.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS UNDER STATE STATUTES
I further agree to waive all benefits flowing from any state statute which would negate or limit the scope of this Release and Indemnification Agreement.
By signing this Release, I certify that I have read this Release and fully understand it and that I am not relying on any statements or representations made by the “RELEASED PARTIES”. I further agree that this Release shall remain in full force during any subsequent or future NJ Mopar Group membership periods.